market-farming - Re: Aspartame, and food approval as usual

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Joan Vibert <joan AT windwalker-farm.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Aspartame, and food approval as usual
  • Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 07:54:21 -0500

Dangers of Aspartame

WORLD ENVIRONMENTAL CONFERENCE and the MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS
FOUNDATION

If anyone is interested in aspartame issue as a health issue, I have a very
good article which was written 3 years ago. I will email it off-list if you
are interested.

I would also encourage anyone to consider what they are doing to their
bodies when they ingest both aspartame OR sugar. While I feel that
aspartame is truly damaging - sugar seriously compromises your immune
system. I have a daughter who has been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis
who spent her teenage and early adult years drinking diet cokes. Her
exacerbations stopped when she stopped drinking aspartame (until she was
exposed to a roach spray).

It would seem that the best course is to avoid as many "artificial"
chemicals and eat as naturally as possible. One hundred years ago sugar was
a treat not a staple of our diets.

and to Marc: where do you think "solid scientific data" comes from?
Independent sources? I think not! This data is paid for either directly or
indirectly by interested corporations who will gain from the results. Look
at every land grant college in the country and check out their funding
sources for research. The term "sound science" chills my blood because it
negates the methods that humans have used over the centuries to determine
cause and result: simple observation. I'm sure each of us use it every day
in our gardens and fields and yet it wouldn't be considered "sound science".

joan
windwalker farm