market-farming - Re: Aspartame, and food approval as usual

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rick Williams" <mrfarm AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Aspartame, and food approval as usual
  • Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 22:03:10 -0500

lfl wrote:
> Raise bees, eat honey; grow cane sorghum or sugar cane, make molasses;
> forget refined sugar and its substitutes and stay healthy with natural
> foods.
>
> Any beekeeeepers out there?

Like most things each side has an agenda. What I prefer is to see more
balanced viewpoints where the person delivering the information points out
the pros and the cons. Because they are always present. Nothing is perfectly
evil or good.

For the most part cane sugar is fine for health in moderation. Honey is
generally OK, but it can kill young children as most are surely aware, so
again one has to be careful with the different agendas out there. Most
people will not tell you all the information that you really need to know to
make an informed decision, so it is a never ending quest to sift and winnow.

Needless to say, none of the sugars is going to be very good for you if
overdone and if you have a predisposition for diabetes.

Sincerely,

Rick Williams
Misty Ridge Farm
Dairy heifers and dairy beef graziers