market-farming - Re: market-farming rootertillers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: HMSTDFRMS AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: market-farming rootertillers
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 10:02:10 EST

In a message dated 3/21/01 8:35:03 AM Eastern Standard Time,
sunnfarm AT netscape.net writes:

<< When pigs stirrup compost and dig up the garden they also leave behind
fresh poop, and we wonder why organic foods contain e coli???. >>
We NEVER pasture any animals or poultry in an area of the garden that will be
planted within a year. Our pastured animals are used as a carefully planned
part of our crop rotation to enrich our soil, not increase the exposure to
pathogens!!! The rotation plan of an organic farm is reviewed by the organic
certifying agency, and must meet safety regulations.
Linda
Homestead Farms