market-farming - Re: market-farming rootertillers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: HMSTDFRMS AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: market-farming rootertillers
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 22:01:39 EST

In a message dated 3/21/01 5:17:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
liz AT marketfarming.com writes:

<< Do pigs have a tendency to escape?? >>
We use two strands of electric, but since we also are relatively close to a
main road, we use a training pen before they go out to pasture. The training
pen consists of an enclosure made with cattle panels with an electric wire a
foot or so inside. We have never had one get out. They really don't seem to
be interested if they have enough to keep them busy inside!
Linda
Homestead Farms