market-farming - Re: Herbicide persistence in compost

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Bev and Chuck Henkel" <bchenkel AT conpoint.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Herbicide persistence in compost
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 11:34:51 -0600

> I have NEVER seen Tordon used on anything but fence rows to control
> multiflora rose or buck brush etc, etc..... I can't imagine anyone using
it
> on a pasture or field I would be surprised
> if it was broadcast on "vast amounts" of acreage.

Talked to the county weed control official: There are 100 counties in the
state. Ours is smaller, has a lower proportion of grassland to cropland,
and less intense weed problems than many. His guesstimate is that last year
18,000 acres in this county were sprayed with picloram; much of it by
airplane.

Chuck Henkel