market-farming - Re: Herbicide persistence in compost

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Jill Taylor Bussiere" <jdt AT itol.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Herbicide persistence in compost
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 11:10:56 -0600

Jeffrey,
I wandered around this site for a while. http://pmep.cce.cornell.edu/
You are correct that it is helpful in describing particular chemicals.
It is a bit short on looking at the big picture overall, though. I
suppose that is not its intent. So, if you want to learn about more than
tolerable levels of a particular pesticide in isolation from other
chemicals, or if you want to look at the effect of any particular pesticide
on the health of soil, you would need to look elsewhere. Warren Porter of
the University of Wisconsin is one source for the combined effects of
chemicals.

I will keep it as a reference when I want to learn about a particular
pesticide.

I am curious to know what you think are the misconceptions of the
chemical/organic debate. Would you be willing to share them? I am sure
that would liven up our discussion!

Thanks for the reference,
Jill