market-farming - Re: Herbicide persistence in compost

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sunnfarm AT netscape.net
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Herbicide persistence in compost
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 19:08:34 -0500

Tordon, Has only one primary use in agriculture as a control of multiflora
rose in pastures, it is spot sprayed on the bush but never sprayed on
farmland as a herbicide for crops because its non selective persistant and
destructive,for that reason I can't see how it could become a problem in
composted manure thru feed, some folks use it around barns to keep down weeds
where folks might build compost piles and ofter dump stable manure and under
fences where livestock might feed, as far as I know its a restricted use
chemical, when getting manure for your compost always know your source...
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.
Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Webmail account today at
http://webmail.netscape.com/