market-farming - Re: BCS ROTOTILLER RECOMMENDATIONS

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Boulder Belt Organics <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: BCS ROTOTILLER RECOMMENDATIONS
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 11:22:26 -0500

We have 2 BCS walking tractors., a 10 horse and a 12 horse. They are
well worth the money you pay. they make a wonderful seed bed in 2
passes, because they have a real transmission (no belts or chains) they
have a power take off and that means they can take A LOT of attachments
besides a tiller box.

Do not buy a BCS with a Briggs and Stratton engine, get a Kohler or if
available get an Acme engine (these are not up to code emission wise so
if you live on the west coast you will not be able to use an acme). Acme
is about the best small engine made in the world. If you get stuck with
a B&S engine go up on HP as they are not as strong as a kohler or acme.

To save money consider getting a used one. But In my opinion they are
the best money can buy.

Lucy Goodman-Owsley
Boulder Belt Organics
New Paris, OH