market-farming - Re: BCS ROTOTILLER RECOMMENDATIONS

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "WB Carver" <wbcarver AT marketfarming.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: BCS ROTOTILLER RECOMMENDATIONS
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 21:51:24 -0500

Hello Jerry and list,

>I AM LOOKING FOR A GOOD HEAVY DUTY ROTO TILLER FOR OUR MARKET GARDEN AND
NURSERY OPERATIONS

Although this is not really a direct answer to your question it may be of
general enough interest to be worth while. We are currently looking at a
tractor purchase for our farm and are also considering alternative equipment
either instead of, or in addition to, a full-size tractor. So your post
sparked my interest and while I was doing a search for info on the BCS walk
behinds one page lead to another and I came across one of the best
common-sense articles I have read on tractors and alternative equipment.

The sidebar "What are some alternatives to buying a tractor?"
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/kb13/ans_purch.htm
is probably most on target for your question.

The entire article is great. Navigation is a little annoying because it was
originally a print media article with sidebars, but is well worth the time
it takes to get around it.

The main article starts at: http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/kb13/big_whls.htm

If you are considering buying a tractor or other utility equipment, and
are anything short of an expert, this article is a must read.

PS: All caps is hard on the eyes and in some circles is considered the same
as yelling.

Bill Carver
Laughing Brook Farm
Westfield, NC