market-farming - Re: TRACTORS

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Kevin Ancell" <kancell AT goodearthgardens.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: TRACTORS
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 11:11:39 -0600

Allan-

I use a JD7210 MFWD. I purchased it instead of the JD 6400 model because it
is built in the USA and has a higher resale value. I paid $59,000 new for
the tractor and the JD740 self leveling loader. It is about 100hp and pulls
my tiller with ease.

I used to use a Kabota and there is NO comparison from the two line. John
Deere is hands down much better.

Kabota uses an older technology for their four wheel drive. JD gives you
more HP under load than a Kabota does. (no I'm not a JD Dealer).

As far as your emmissions question goes. No there is nothing but straight
exhaust. I do believe they burn the fuel more effectently but there are no
restrictions on tractor exhaust. The Clinton EPA tried to make changes but
the new Bush Administration rolled all the new rules back with in 2 hours of
taking office.

Regards,

Kevin Ancell
Good Earth Gardens L.L.C.