market-farming - Re: TRACTORS

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Earthfarm1 AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: TRACTORS
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 08:54:06 EST

Hi Allan,

Good to hear from you.

After looking into a lot of brands/models I purchased a 4 wheel drive M8200
with a heavy duty loader. Seemed to offer best value for the dollar. I really
like the transmissions on some of the John Deere 6400 series that allow you
to shift on the fly without having to engage the clutch. But they cost a lot
more:)

So far so good. I'm new to farming...and this is my first tractor! The only
minor complaint I have is with the "ease" of hooking certain implements to
drive shaft of the PTO. It's not quite as easy as they make it out to be. And
when I first got it bolts were not tightened down all the way. I learned that
the hard way when a bolt came loose and rattled around.

Good luck. Frank