market-farming - TRACTORS

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: TRACTORS
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 07:54:38 -0500

I'm in the process of purchasing a new tractor. I'm looking pretty seriously at the Kabota line. I primarily use a tractor for spading, but the loader will come in very handy also.

I'm wondering if anyone has user experience with the 'hydrostatic' transimission. The dealer tells me that I can use this 'automatic' transmission to keep my groundspeed low while keeping my pto speed where it has to be for the spader. I'm finding that hard to believe (and do not have an opportunity to test this out).

I'm also interested in what other people use their tractors for. I'm clearing snow, drilling post holes, turning compost, clearing brush, leveling the lane, and so on. What are you doing?

Thanks

-Allan Balliett
Loudon Hts, VA