market-farming - Re: questions for the group - selling to restaurants....

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Robert Farr <rbfarr AT erols.com>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: questions for the group - selling to restaurants....
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 17:18:28 -0500

Hi, Frankie.

I'd like to put my friend, Norma, in touch with some folks out of state,
and would appreciate any info you can provide.

She packages locally and I'm in the shipping business for my hot sauces
and salsas (many sales come from mail order), so I could help her out
here.

Norma grows many different kinds of heirloom tomatoes; I grow nearly 90
varieties of peppers, many of them heirlooms. And we're both all
organic (though not certified, so under the new laws, we'd have to call
the produce "all natural," etc. A total bunch of hooey, if you ask me -
having the govt. regulate all this. They're doing nothing but paving
the way for agribusiness to do the bare minimum to be "certified"... And
where is there proof that govt. regulation actually succeeds?)

Any/way, I'd love to hear more. Thanks!

--
Robert Farr
(540) 668-7160