market-farming - RE: Farmers' Markets (sign of the times?) (fwd)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Miller-Morgan, Megan" <Megan.Miller-Morgan AT orst.edu>
  • To: "'market farming'" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Farmers' Markets (sign of the times?) (fwd)
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 09:24:18 -0700

Hi
This topic has been really interesting for me to read. I see the larger
issues people are talking about. I could not help but notice the
implication that farmers' markets do not have business licenses. Our market
in Newport, OR has a business license. It was no surprise however, that
when we needed to ask the city about moving to a new location next to
businesses, this is one of the first questions the city council asked.
Just out of curiosity, do other markets on this listserv have business
licenses, or have you all been able to circumvent this?
I enjoy this listserv and am glad someone came up with the idea for it!
Megan Miller-Morgan
Lincoln County Extension Office
29 SE 2nd Street
Newport, OR 97365