market-farming - Re: soil tests

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "five springs farm" <fsfarm AT mufn.org>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: soil tests
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 15:35:21 -0500

After trying several labs, we have settled on Cook's Consulting, RD#2 Box
13, Lowville NY 13367, 315-376-3002. We get organic recommendations, based
on a description of what soil amendments have already been used on the
field. By using the same lab each year the results are much more comparable
(different labs may have different procedures, and certainly will present
info in different ways). So once you find one you like, it is good to stay
with it.

Jim and Jo
The Community Farm Newsletter
http://www.mufn.org/public/tcf