market-farming - Re: soil tests

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Peg Cook" <pegcook AT northnet.org>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: soil tests
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 13:55:57 -0500

Hi Folks,
I'm new to the list but I can answer your questions on soil testing. First,
let me introduce myself. My name is Peg Cook and I am a private Crop
Consultant and I also operate a full-scale Soils Lab in northern New York
State. I do testing for home gardeners, commercial growers and a lot of
certified organic growers because I give either a chemical or an organic
recommendation depending on Customer preference. I offer free soil sample
kits, which contain a soil sample bag, a cropping history sheet and envelope
and a fee schedule listing what different tests are offered. In addition,
after receiving your soil test report, if you have questions, you can call
me as I am here to help you. If you are interested, please send me a
private email with your name and address and I will send you out however
many kits you would like. If you have questions, please feel free to ask.

By the way, I have been a Crop Consultant and a Soil Tech for 29 years. I
use to retail lawn and garden products for about 10 years when I went into
soil testing and crop consulting full time. Although my retail business was
thriving very well, I had to give up the heavy lifting because of my
arthritis (arthur won out in that case!). But, I love agriculture and being
able to help folks, so, the consulting and soil testing meet both of those
passions. If I can be of any service to any of you, please let me know.

Thank you kindly for your attention! By the way, I've been viewing this
list for about a week and I think it is a super way to help new and
experienced folks with their personal and market farms!!!! Actually, I sold
veggies and custom grew organically grown tomatoes and peppers and could not
keep up with the demand when I had my retail business!!!!! So, I wish all
of you well on your businesses!

Peg Cook, Agronomist
Cook's Consulting
RD #2, Box 13