market-farming - tobacco flats was Re: plug flats and washing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Elizabeth Pike" <pike AT always-online.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: tobacco flats was Re: plug flats and washing
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 09:51:21 -0500

At first thought, I'd be afraid to use anything connected with tobacco
due to all the chemicals previously used to start the crop, and very
slight threat of Tobacco Mosaic Virus. Although, this virus hasn't
been detected in domestic tobacco for 25 years. I guess "domestic" is
the key word. A smoking friend of mine (imported cigars) neglected to
use disposable gloves I provided while tending my garden when I was on
vacation. I came home to TMV, and lost 100 plants.

I'd try some at least. I'm in the heart of tobacco country, and these
are readily available now that the tobacco industry has been hard hit
by this ridiculous governmental policing for growing a legal crop!!
Politicians and farmers do not mix!
I'll stop right here-feel a rant coming on!

Liz Pike
Morningstar Gardens
Pollocksville NC
ICQ 46954468