market-farming - Re: tobacco flats was Re: plug flats and washing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Elizabeth Pike" <pike AT always-online.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: tobacco flats was Re: plug flats and washing
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 08:10:41 -0500

From: Robert Farr <rbfarr AT erols.com>

> Do you realize that if you'd like to grow more than 1/10 acre of
> tobacco, you have to have permission from the gummit?

What 'gummit', Robert?? Surely you don't mean those nice people who
come out to the tobacco farms to:

1. survey every plot or field on which you plan to plant, and do this
each and every year,

or

2. after harvest, demand you not plow under the stalks til they come
out to count them to make sure your warehouse poundage matches your
harvested acreage--to make sure you didn't dump any on the black
market--as if after all the red tape, and regulations you'd be able to
sneak this by them.

Surely not them!! Don't they know what's best for my farm, Robert??
Like--NOT!!!!!!

Every pie, every governmental finger. What's next--my vegetables??

Liz