market-farming - Re: Heater-to-Vent Coupler HELP!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Alex McGregor <waldenfarm AT sprintmail.com>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Heater-to-Vent Coupler HELP!
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 09:42:35 -0500

Rose,

Going from a 5" exhaust to a 6" vent is OK, but going the other way is
dangerous and
illegal. Your heater was made to vent through a 6" or larger vent for
efficiency and
safety, that is , 6" will allow all combustion gases to escape. If it's a
propane heater,
check with the propane dealer in your area for options. Likewise, local gas
company if
natural gas fired.

People who sell vent pipe should carry an adapter for 5-6". I've bought one
to go from a
5" outlet to a 6" liner on a wood stove. But, be sure you can safely do this
before
going from 6 to 5.

Alex McGregor
Walden Farm
Walden Ridge, TN

Rose & Fred Lieberman wrote:

> The greenhouse heater has a 6" exhaust.
> The vent kit has a 5" exhaust.
>
> Anyone know where I can obtain a coupler to join the two?
>
> Rose
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to market-farming as: waldenfarm AT sprintmail.com

  • Heater-to-Vent Coupler HELP!, Rose & Fred Lieberman, 02/26/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Heater-to-Vent Coupler HELP!, Alex McGregor, 02/26/2000