market-farming - Re: tobacco flats was Re: plug flats and washing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Elizabeth Pike" <pike AT always-online.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: tobacco flats was Re: plug flats and washing
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 08:28:48 -0500

> Tobacco is killing people. It should be restricted in every
possible way.

Then illegalize it. Don't allow people to grow it, develop a
dependency on it--then snatch it out from under them because a few
politicians & lawyers seize the chance to gain favor with their
constituents, or make a killing. The lawyers are the ones who wound
up with most of that settlement money--not the states who opposed the
medical bills they subsidized for smokers (the alleged reason for the
original lawsuits), or the farmers who were to be supported to ease
their dependency on this one crop for the majority of their income.

I don't smoke. And it was a 50 year habit of smoking that caused my
father's premature death. But I am opposed to continuous laws &
regulations sucking away every little freedom we have. When will we
wake up and realize that those sweet faced, forked tongue politicians
have turned our country into a military state--where I willingly gave
up the little freedoms before realizing I'd lost the big ones, too.

What's next--my vegetables??

Liz Pike
Morningstar Gardens
Pollocksville NC