market-farming - Re: food bank donations

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lee Lawton <llami AT teleport.com>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: food bank donations
  • Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 08:54:26 -0800

Local gleaners come to our market, armed with their boxes, just before
closing time when the vendors are starting to pack up. If you have local
gleaners or food bank organizations, they might be delighted to come around
and take extras off your hands with little extra work for you, either at
your market or your farm.

I used to volunteer as a gleaner in another state, and I found the people
all had enormous respect for the place where they were picking. They were
all very careful.

Well, enough of this--gotta go to work!

Lee Lawton
Over the Rainbow Farm