market-farming - food bank donations

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Sue <swtgrssfrm AT nls.net>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: food bank donations
  • Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 09:04:36 -0500

I was interested in hearing from others who regularly donate vegetables
to a food bank how you incorportate that into your plans. I want to do
this on a larger scale but need help in the actual organizing of it. At
this point I do not hire outside help in harvesting. Do you recruit
volunteers to help with the harvesting? How do you handle inexperienced
volunteers in the garden? Any insight from those of you who have been
there? My husband is in favor of this idea but invisions people
trampling thru the garden. Thanks for your help.
Sue Steiner
Sweetgrass Farm
Wadsworth, Oh.