market-farming - Re: Orchards and fruit trees

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Hook Family" <guldann AT ix.netcom.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Orchards and fruit trees
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 07:34:10 -0800

We may just for fun put in a few dwarf apples trees. I caution using fruit
trees in pasture for shade. Make sure the trees and animals mix well. Lots
of animals eat bark off trees. Our Highland Cattle which are natural
browswers have eatten most of the bark on everytree they can sink their
teeth in. I would think goats might be as hungry. Beth