lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] comments

  • From: DaveG <lyceum AT solidgone.com>
  • To: DaveG <lyceum AT solidgone.com>
  • Cc: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] comments
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 21:14:52 -0400

DaveG wrote:
Adam Lindsay wrote:
Well, this was another question of mine: the post-comment-submission behaviour on my installation seems to redirect people to the portal page (established via redirects to be the default 404, really).
Same thing happens on other blogs on lifehaiku. Comments get posted okay, but after hitting submit you are forwarded to a non-existing page, and thus see the default 404 portal page. The URL forwarded to is the user you're logged in as, with the name of the page you came from. It's almost as if it's trying to return you to the originating blog page, but is prefixing the username instead of the originating user. Thus:
originating: user1.blog.com/pagename
post submit: logged_in_user.blog.com/pagename --> causes 404 portal

I don't think this is a .htaccess problem, as .htaccess would have no idea to forward to a different user blog.
Anyone have any ideas?
Pressing "Submit comment" on Dave's blog just deactivates that button.
That's odd. It only happens on one blog on lifehaiku... I narrowed it down to the skin -- Light at http://vaguedream.com/ seems not to allow comments. Clicking Submit just does nothing. No page reload -- nothing. Anyone using the Light theme successfully?
I think this is to do with Light's Ajax comment mechanism. I'll take a look at this in the next few days.