lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] .htaccess and redirects

  • From: DaveG <lyceum AT solidgone.com>
  • To: Adam Lindsay <atl AT comp.lancs.ac.uk>
  • Cc: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] .htaccess and redirects
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 07:36:53 -0400

Adam Lindsay wrote:
Note that the rules as displayed on the web page lost a few carriage returns. I *think* the correct interpretation of those lines is:
Not sure what happened to the text on the blog, except putting code in a blog is a real pain in the #$@ -- 'll correct it. It *should* be:

#Options +FollowSymLinks RewriteEngine On

# Rewrite www.domain.com to domain.com
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.(.*)
RewriteRule ^(.*) http://%1/$1 [R,L]

RewriteRule ^(.*) lyceum/$1 [QSA,L]

Let me know if that doesn't work, and I'll try to help out.

At the time, I had tried commenting on the Nepherim blog documenting my experiences, but either the comments were lost, or caught in moderation limbo. My memory of exactly what had to be done is hazy now, unfortunately.
Not sure what happened here either -- I have no comments pending moderation...

~ ~ Dave