lyceum-users - [Lyceum-users] .htaccess and redirects

  • From: John Neil <John.Neil AT uts.edu.au>
  • To: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Lyceum-users] .htaccess and redirects
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 09:41:18 +1000

I have installed the latest nightly (22 August) and as test case have installed it following the flat dir structure install on http://nepherim.lifehaiku.com/2006/installing-lyceum-with-clean-urls/

The instructions went absolutely swimmingly (as a many times installer of Lyceum nightlys).  However as I am a non-coder I was hoping for some advice on modifying .htaccess for redirects that will allow my root to remain as the index page I have (my CMS) but with the redirect that will allow clean URLs for Lyceum blogs (installed in Lyceum sub_dir).

The recommended rewrite rules are:

RewriteEngine On RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.(.*)
RewriteRule ^(.*)        http://%1/$1 [R,L]
RewriteRule ^(.*) /lyceum/$1 [L,QSA]

However when I use these my index page becomes the lyceum portal. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My dir structure looks like this:

 - lyceum

.htaccess

cron.php

favicon.ico