lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] .htaccess and redirects

  • From: John Joseph Bachir <jjb AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] .htaccess and redirects
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 04:59:59 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks for writing in John.

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006, John Neil wrote:

I have installed the latest nightly (22 August) and as test case have
installed it following the flat dir structure install on
http://nepherim.lifehaiku.com/2006/installing-lyceum-with-clean-urls/

that tutorial is NOT for a flat directory structure. it is for people who want BOTH [1]subdomains AND [2]lyceum files in a subdirectory.

The instructions went absolutely swimmingly (as a many times installer of Lyceum nightlys). However as I am a non-coder I was hoping for some advice on modifying .htaccess for redirects that will allow my root to remain as the index page I have (my CMS) but with the redirect that will allow clean URLs for Lyceum blogs (installed in Lyceum sub_dir).

However when I use these my index page becomes the lyceum portal. Any
suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My dir structure looks like this:

I am not a modrewrite master and unfortunately don't have the time to really look into this. anyone else on the list have any ideas for John?

If you do come up with anything, make sure to document your findings on the wiki!

John
----
aim/yim/msn/jabber.org: johnjosephbachir
713.494.2704
irc://irc.freenode.net/lyceum
http://lyceum.ibiblio.org/
http://blog.johnjosephbachir.org/