lyceum-users - [Lyceum-users] Hosting Lyceum - suggestions?

  • From: "Dave Pentecost" <dave.pentecost AT gmail.com>
  • To: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org, "John Joseph Bachir" <jjb AT ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Lyceum-users] Hosting Lyceum - suggestions?
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 18:21:05 -0400

Hi Folks

Does anyone have any recommendations/warnings about hosting services for
Lyceum?

I have just registered a domain on GoDaddy and I am considering a
number of options:

GoDaddy itself
My current host (a web admin pal who has been great over the years but
may be over-committed)
Our own server (which we do not have yet, but are considering an Xserve)

You should know that this will be used for a non-profit girls club as
we enter a science/tech education phase. Starting to work with it on
our own server, including headaches and learning curve, would be part
of the tech girls process. And we are an all-OS X operation.

We are currently running two Wordpress blogs and two MT blogs with our
web pal, with no problems. But I worry about starting up another
50-100 blogs on his server.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Dave