livingontheland - [Livingontheland] preppers - seriously?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: tradingpost@lobo.net
  • To: <OWL-OldWaysLiving@yahoogroups.com>, <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] preppers - seriously?
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 21:49:01 -0700

A personal view - we've seen some of the "preppers" (staged, choreographed) shows on TV. I have several criticisms but my first reaction is they're prepping for all the wrong things & wasting tons of money that people like myself will never have. Time for wide ranging discussion, different opinions & all.

For years I've followed various writers of all stripes warning of economic decline or collapse. To me this recent article seemed to tie up some loose ends on the subject, but it's a bit technical or boring:
http://aspousa.org/2013/01/commentary-why-peak-oil-threatens-the-international-monetary-system/