livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] (")OWL(") preppers - seriously?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: tradingpost@lobo.net
  • To: <OWL-OldWaysLiving@yahoogroups.com>, <Livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] (")OWL(") preppers - seriously?
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 08:37:12 -0700

Perceptive Mark & I agree on Barlett. Yes, investment banking demands endless unsustainable growth but its unnecessary & most of us gain nothing from it. I'm no expert but in the end we all have to rely on the information we can get & use our own judgment to protect ourselves. We can see economic decline is beginning and it affects how we live. 1/4 of our population is in dire poverty, & the generation that coped with the Depression is about gone. It bothers me that back then 1/2 of our people (US) lived rural but survived (my parents family in KS) while city folks had it much worse - & we don't have that cushion today.

Today the vast majority has no everyday DIY survival skills or knowhow. It's get a paying job & pay for everything you need - if you still can. Problem now is dire predictions are coming true. Most likely IMHO is the argument for inflationary depression & chaos. Permanent. That article is only one of many trying to explain the whys of it all. Bottom line, preppers are woefully unprepared for the real challenges we're starting to see now.

So what to do now when we're going to see life becoming unaffordable & distribution networks breaking down, etc. I'm not putting my faith in MREs or being armed to the teeth against roving hordes, since people can't get far on empty stomachs & empty gas tanks. People everywhere need to talk about these things.

--Henry David Thoreau