livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] bio intensive

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] bio intensive
  • Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 18:15:23 -0700

I'm as organic as I can get, tho one amendment is alfalfa meal that probably
wouldn't pass certification. There is no other source of high nitrogen waste
around like grass clippings, since nobody has grass within miles and in the
city it'd have poisons in it. I'm close to no-till now after amending the
dead dirt. Otherwise I couldn't have grown and sold from the start. As for BI
I can't double dig as Jeavons did. The hard, sterile subsoil here is three
inches below surface so I frame beds and build soil up to get some depth.
Rule #1 is always right.