livingontheland - [Livingontheland] bermuda grass

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] bermuda grass
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 17:35:00 -0800 (PST)

In Lubbock we have common bermuda.  If I had one wish it would be to send all bermuda back to Africa.  Sorry, wishes do not come true so I got rid of it two ways:  I dug it out using a digging fork and my hands and by covering it in cardboard for a season.  It has to have sunshine or it dies.

It spreads by runners on the ground.  I believe it would climb a six foot solid fence to spread???

Ken