livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] cover crop field day

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Harvey Ussery <harvey@themodernhomestead.us>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] cover crop field day
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 06:43:47 -0400

On 10/19/2010 07:32 PM, Ken Hargesheimer wrote:
Every farmer shoud attend this. Oganic matter is the key to good soil.
Ken
Our annual Cover Crop Field Days are quickly approaching! October 27th and 28th, 2010.
The theme is: “Solving the Cover Crop Puzzle- Helping farmers fit cover crops into their management system.”
Hope to see you next week!
Steve Groff
Cedar Meadow Farm
Holtwood, PA 17532

For those who can't make a conference in Pennsylvania on cover crops, please look for my article "The Joys of Cover Cropping" in the current (hits the stand any day now, I think) and next issue of Countryside & Small Stock Journal. First installment discusses the soil food web and the nature of soil fertility. The second, specific cover crop species and strategies. It's a pretty good piece, hope you'll find it useful.

~Harvey

--
Harvey in northern Va
www.themodernhomestead.us

My book, THE MODERN HOMESTEAD POULTRY FLOCK, will be published next year by
Chelsea Green Publishing.