livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Food: Why We Waste So Much

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Debbie McDonald <lbirke1@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Food: Why We Waste So Much
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 16:07:32 -0700 (PDT)

Me personally, I waste alot of meat because the meat they sell out here in the country rots within two days of purchase in most cases. That would be chicken mostly. I buy raw chicken parts to feed my dogs raw and I have a heightened smeller because I have multiple chemical sensitivities. They spray stuff on the outside or gas the package(I avoid gas packaged meat) and most will not detect the stench of what is underneath I guess cuz they keep getting away with it. I'm feeding my cancer dog raw when I can, but it is hard. I will need to buy a big freezer and go back to the meat packing plants where the BARF(bones and raw food or biologically appropriate raw food- for light weights:)) is processed and buy. Remember when wings were cheap:)