livingontheland - [Livingontheland] cover crop field day

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: slgroff@frontier.com
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] cover crop field day
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 16:32:32 -0700 (PDT)

Every farmer shoud attend this.  Oganic matter is the key to good soil.  I spoke there several years ago on organic, no-till.

On www.nabuur.org I had posted three things to do to have the best soil:  1. Add organic matter  2.  Add organic matter  3.   Add organic matter.  A guy in Europe emailed me for ten things a farmer should do for good soil.  I copied and past the above ten times.

Ken
Our annual Cover Crop Field Days are quickly approaching!
This year we will be expanding to a 2 day educational event- October 27th and 28th, 2010.

The theme is: “Solving the Cover Crop Puzzle- Helping farmers fit cover crops into their management system.”

We have a terrific line up of speakers, equipment demos, rainfall simulator demonstration, and 24 species of cover crops in field length plots, as well over 50 acres of cover crop cocktails/mixtures for you to tour and inspect.

A registration fee for each day includes delicious meals and an information-packed 3-ring binder for use in planning cover crop rotations.
Last year the event drew over 350 people from 14 states and 4 countries. Don't miss out!

Click HERE for all the details- directions, special van and bus rates, lodging, and registration. There are still some exciting details coming together and we’ll follow-up in a few days. Attached is the Press Release if you’d like to print out to pass along to others.
Finally, please forward this invitation to anyone else you think may be interested.

Hope to see you next week!
Steve Groff
Cedar Meadow Farm
Holtwood, PA 17532