livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] sustainable

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] sustainable
  • Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 22:22:54 -0600

It's ok, we don't have to see eye to eye on everything. What looks more
threatening to me is resource depletion in general - soil, freshwater,
minerals, cheap fossil fuels - due to endless population growth, and
corporate control of agriculture and paralysis of government, and what this
perfect storm converging will do and has been doing to our middle class and
so called American Dream. And my answer, incomplete as it is, is more of us
need to be less vulnerable to the corrupt financial system and develop more
local community self sufficiency esp in food.