livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] sustainable

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: mdnagel@verizon.net
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] sustainable
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 11:51:42 -0500 (CDT)

What about running chickens in the garden(s)? Of course, you'd have to
manage them, but in the end, when running tractors isn't viable (fuel
expense), you'd have a "solution." Always look to eliminate expenses; as
Joel Salatin demonstrates, take advantage of allowing animals to do what they
do best to do work that would otherwise need to be done by yourself or by
machine.

-Mark Nagel
Everett, WA