livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Black Soldier Flys

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: paul@oneseedling.com
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Black Soldier Flys
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 17:10:11 -0600

I have one of the commercial size BioPods for raising BSF and am using a
combination of vegetable scraps and pig manure. I think that using human
manure could be done but worry somewhat about cross comtamination even
though the BSF is not particularly bothersome as in the common house fly.
Since starting to raise BSF larve I have noticed a dramatic decrease in
the common house fly. Paul the Skeptic