livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Seed resources Re: Tomatoes

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Seed resources Re: Tomatoes
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 18:49:59 -0700

Probably. I've read too much on it to even guess. Some say if the Gulf Stream
slows enough or stops then the upper Atlantic seaboard and northern Europe go
into a new Ice Age. At any rate they say climate changes can ruin world
agricultural production. It appears much of Africa and Australia may be
heading into disastrous long term drought, but monsoons and other storms may
get worse in other parts of the world. Some wise guy said fine if the frozen
north thaws out, we'll just farm it! Except the frozen tundra's methane
evaporating would be twenty times the greenhouse gas of CO2. I don't know and
maybe it's better I don't.

In any case we have more urgent reasons to localize and relearn how to
provide the necessities of life, starting with making food from dirt instead
of petroleum.