livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Seed resources Re: Tomatoes

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Seed resources Re: Tomatoes
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 08:25:51 -0700

I'm not 100% certain. I got the original seed five years ago and saved seed
since, and as I recall either http://www.gourmetseed.com or
http://www.italianseedandtool.com/ had them back then Since starting them
I've wondered if they were actually Costoluto Fiorentino which is less
ribbed. But now you can find them at
http://www.seedsofchange.com/garden_center/product_details.aspx?item_no=PS10987
or several less known companies if you google costoluto genovese seed.

I was growing in NE TX until ten years ago and miss the milder winters there
with eight month growing season. The only problem I have with Charontais is
the very narrow window for harvesting to get that incredible fragrance. Like
maybe a day or two.