livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Seed resources Re: Tomatoes

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Debbie Mcdonald <belynor@sbcglobal.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Seed resources Re: Tomatoes
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 17:18:11 -0800 (PST)

Yes!!! I knew the dry line was moving east but I didn't know the arctic was
moving south:) What was extra odd was that this is an El Nino year. I have
had horses for years and lived in the city with a clay soil the last time I
remember an El Nino as it was a huge mess for the horses, rain so often the
soil did not have time to dry out and the pockets made by their hooves just
sucked more water deeper and deeper till I was afraid for the health of their
legs. It is not like that now, though it did start out with alot of rain but
maybe a bit earlier than before and this year I was also stressing BIG time
over the dam on my three acre pond as the top started small slide areas, that
was very stressful, I put tarps over it:)