livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Harvey

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: mdnagel@verizon.net
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Harvey
  • Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 01:34:18 -0600 (CST)

Do you know one of the first rules of coming in from the outside?  It's to listen and see what the locals are doing before attempting to "correct/teach" them.

You can google "Harvey Ussery."  Or, you can go here: http://www.themodernhomestead.us/

I'm still waiting for fundamentalist vegans to tell me what they are going to do with some of the most long-running sustainable peoples on the planet, like the Inuit.

We're omnivores for a reason.  Animals eat other animals.  Just because the LIVING plants that you dump down your gullet don't scream when you kill them, it doesn't mean that they don't have any sensations: I believe that there's plenty of research out there that have covered this.

Oh, and to preemptively answer your questions: yes and yes.

-Mark Nagel
Everett, WA