livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Hydroponics & Soil Organisms

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Marty Kraft <martyk@allspecies.org>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Hydroponics & Soil Organisms
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 08:00:04 -0500

I have been helping a school start a no-till organic garden. Now they are applying a for a grant doing hydroponics. Are there hydroponic systems that use various beneficial microorganisms to feed the plants? I must admit to some prejudice about avoiding soil to produce plants but have a small window of open mindedness on the subject. I know most are busy but experience or references i would be appreciated.

Marty Kraft