livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] sustainable communities

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Liz <liz@allslash.org>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] sustainable communities
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 08:29:35 -0400

At 12:58 AM 5/30/2008, you wrote:
Yes, yes I do belong to an organic community garden. We don't have
anything in common -- the only requirement is to be a resident of
this town.

Very useful information, thank you! I live outside of town on 29 acres, so I wouldn't have any personal need for this, but I'm going to print it out and file it for possible future reference. A couple of friends and I have been tossing around the idea of promoting community garden space in the small town we live near. This is a very rural area with most people having some farming background, so many people already have small backyard gardens. But there are a couple of apartment complexes, one for low income residents, that would benefit from a cooperative garden.

Liz in SW VA
http://life-as-a-spectator-sport.com