livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Why Bother With Permaculture?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "bruce smith" <cityhomesteader@gmail.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Why Bother With Permaculture?
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 14:02:35 -0400

Hi Mark,
No worries.. If things keep heading the way they are we won't need to worry about this subject much longer...

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 9:47 PM, <mdnagel@verizon.net> wrote:
"Organic, no-till can regardless of how high the population goes and can do so forever."

Ken, Ken, Ken...while organic, no-till is the correct direction, it CANNOT sustain a forever increasing population.  We live on a finite planet!  If we continue to fail to understand the importance of regulating our population we will surely guarantee a cataclysmic outcome :-(

-Mark Nagel
Everett, WA

From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>

Permaculture cannot feed the world.  Organic, no-till can regardless of how high the population goes and can do so forever.     Prices for their classes. It is like the cost of Holistic Ranching workshops. Last one I heard about was $1000 for the weekend.  Is their motive their belief in a system or their desire for big bucks?   Just my view point.