livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] the Dervaes family - No-till, Permanent Bed Farming

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TamesonOB" <tamesonob@metrocast.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] the Dervaes family - No-till, Permanent Bed Farming
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 07:59:07 -0500

I think they simply don't care Paul. Most of the reporters I know are "professional" people and they have such harried lives that they can just barely make it to the grocery store let alone a farmers market (unless they're on assignment) and not knowing what a traditional yield is they are probably unaware of what's impressive. Besides, agriculture stories like this are soft stories - less prestige there.

So we need to tell the media when something impressive like this comes up. We need to suggest to them that there might be some bigger correlation and then maybe the media might start to pay more attention.

Tameson

----- Original Message ----- From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
I continue to be surprised that stories about harvesting huge amounts of
produce from incredibly small plots get totally ignored.
Does no
one connect this solution with the problems of freshwater, topsoil loss,
fossil fuel and input prices, the shrinking of good agricultural land, and
low income of farm families?