livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] the Dervaes family - No-till, Permanent Bed Farming

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "E. E. Mitchamore Jr" <emitch@att.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] the Dervaes family - No-till, Permanent Bed Farming
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 05:59:14 -0600

I don't know if this aspect has ever been mentioned on this list, but I am AFRAID to produce food for this litigious society.  I grow ornamental plants for native plant lovers with no fear at all.  My customers are a "select" group that I trust.  However, suppose someone chose to sue me, claiming that food I grew with that nasty "organic" stuff made them sick.  It would not matter at all if I was guilty of anything.  Merely defending myself would destroy my family.  That's the big reason I will not grow food for others.

E. E. "Mitch" Mitchamore
www.hillcountrynatives.biz