livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] the Dervaes family - No-till, Permanent Bed Farming

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "E. E. Mitchamore Jr" <emitch@att.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] the Dervaes family - No-till, Permanent Bed Farming
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 05:54:44 -0600

This very good article reminded me of one item I learned in a seminar (on native landscaping) last weekend.  When mulching, be sure to leave some bare patches of soil.  Bees and butterflies, both pollinators, require bare soil for some of their nesting, mating, and feeding habits.  All part of the dance of nature.

E. E. "Mitch" Mitchamore
www.hillcountrynatives.biz