livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Growing your own food - all of it

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Growing your own food - all of it
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 13:07:22 -0700

My thoughts exactly on the "bird flu" thing. I put that in the same compost
pile as mad cow and e.coli. Wherever it crops up it's because of industrial
overcrowding and unnatural feed.

Also sane advice on canning. Storing in a cool place or in the ground under
mulch is also a lot less work, and cutting out unnecessary work is serious
business when we're trying to do so much.

On that subject of "non-traditional" foods we've barely skimmed the surface
on this list and we should probably go into a lot more detail, hmm?

snip