livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Efficiency

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Liz <liz@allslash.org>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Efficiency
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 17:38:39 -0500

At 02:11 PM 12/27/2007, you wrote:

Where I'm growing it doesn't look like "farm land" by any stretch. Great.
It's dirt cheap. But amended and watered it grows like mad.

Same for mine. The only level place on the 29 acres is where the mobile home is sitting, and it's not entirely level. But the tomatoes don't care! I will say that putting up outbuildings and greenhouses would be a heck of a lot easier if more of it were level, sigh.

Liz in SW VA
http://life-as-a-spectator-sport.com